Cuplok Scaffolding System
SGB Cuplok is a registered trademark of SGB No. 1028553 and is covered by worldwide patents.
Cuplok’s unique locking action makes it the world’s fastest, safest and most economic scaffolding system.
The Cuplok Fastening Method
The success of Cuplok lies in the ‘node point’ or fastening method. Four horizontals can be fastened at one time, making a very rigid connection. The horizontals bear directly on to the verticals and are firmly clamped by the action of the top cup.
There are no loose parts to misplace. The rigid node point allows for the high horizontal loads experienced up to 57kN leg load. Cuplok is made from the highest quality steel providing the benefit of high strength with low component weight and ease of handling.
When investing in materials, it must be as versatile as possible, and SGB Cuplok is ideal for many applications: formwork support, general access, circular scaffolding, mobile towers, loading towers, tableforms and many other uses.
Cuplok is now widely used in industries as diverse as ship building, ship repair, refinery maintenance and general construction.
Speed of Erection
- Speed of erection and simplicity are the keys to Cuplok’s success.
- It can be erected 75% faster than traditional scaffolding.
- It is much easier to erect than other methods.
- Components can be fastened easily and quickly.
- Designed to be tough, Cuplok is highly resistant to damage.
- A product of fine engineering skills, they are manufactured by a modern rapid production system that ensures that they remain the most cost-effective fitting available. Yet large-scale manufacturing does not imply a reduction in quality, as production line inspection maintains the highest possible quality control to ensure that every fitting performs reliably on site.
- The materials employed are principally alloy steels to BS 1449, and fittings are fully tested to ensure compliance with the slip and distortion requirements of EN-74.
- SGB Pressed Fittings are also treated to resist corrosion, having a complete zinc coating with chromate passivation to BS 1706.
- Quality is the keynote of SGB pressed fittings: our reputation rests on every single component, which must perform safely and efficiently on site. Every fitting carries our full guarantee of quality and reliability.
- To complete the range of traditional scaffolding components, high quality galvanized embossed steel tube fabricated in accordance with EN-10219 is available from all our locations in standard lengths and non-standard lengths to order.
- Walk a Safer Plank.
- Walk It Longer.
- Walk It For Less.
No longer must you choose among poor alternatives. Laminated scaffold plank combines consistent strength, durability, safety, and economy all in the same plank.
A unique manufacturing process is responsible for the creation of lumber that improves on Mother Nature’s best.
Laminated boards are laminated veneer lumber. Individual sheets of veneer are permanently bonded together under heat and pressure with the grain in each veneer running parallel to the grain in the next. The process disperses defects, such as knots, splits, and slope of grain, that weaken ordinary solid-sawn lumber. The result is lumber up to three times more consistent than ordinary lumber.
consistent strength means longer spans with less wood
Laminated boards design values are significantly higher than those for Douglas fir 171-aa plank, or any other species. Lumber planks are so consistent that spans don’t need to be shortened to compensate for that weak plank that comes along every so often in solid-sawn planks. Consistent stiffness from one plank to the next means “no surprise” upon the plank.
Stronger wood means that smaller planks will span farther. Smaller, lighter planks cost less to ship and are easier to handle and use.
With laminated scaffolds planks, warping, twisting, and splitting are much less of a problem than with solid-sawn planks so they’re on the job a lot longer – up to two or three times longer, as a matter of fact. You’ll spend less money job to job.
Each plank is embossed with the costumer’s name on both edges down the full length of the plank to discourage theft, mix, or confusion at the job site.
Laminated lumber planks are available in thickness up to 1 ½ inches, and lengths up to 6 meters. This broad range of options lets you zero in on the most efficient size for the job.
Unlike most conventional planking which is visually graded, every piece of planking is physical proof tested like the factory to ensure compliance with industry performance specifications, and the words “PROOF TESTED SCAFFOLD PLANKING” and “OSHA” are continuously embossed along both edges. In addition, every scaffold plank is edged-eased to reduce large end splinters is also available with a rough-sawn surface that improves traction, especially when the planking is wet.
The new profile of the MK II Soldier, with its pattern of diamond-shaped holes with stiffening ribs, is the result of extensive computer analysis to determine the best balance between strength, stiffness, and weight.
With a comprehensive range of eight lengths of a soldier and a choice of essential accessories, the contractor can find economical solutions to all his wall formwork problems.
When the soldiers have combined with the SGB Du-Al aluminium waling beams, even greater economies can be made. The greater strength of the Du-Al wailings allows soldier spacings and tie loads to be optimised.
To this can be added the benefits of long life, lightweight, and fast assembly, all combining to give the most versatile system ever for the wall formwork.
Used with large, high-quality sheets of plywood, the SGB MK II Soldier system can satisfy even the most stringent concrete finish specifications whilst keeping deflection to acceptable limits even with the highest concrete pressures.
It can also be easily adapted for use as a high strength beam or shore with the use of the comprehensive range of MK-II accessories.
The full 115 kN permissible load can be carried at any position along with the soldier and does not decrease with higher bending moments.
SGB has been at the forefront of the development of aluminium formwork systems in recent years.
The benefits of aluminium formwork products, compared with their steel and timber equivalents, have had a major impact on formwork practice.
The light weight of aluminium beams, which can weigh as little as one-third of their steel equivalent, opens the way to greatly increased site acceptance and productivity.
The corrosion resistance of aluminium ensures a long maintenance-free life, further extended by the fact that it cannot be easily cut up on site like timber beams.
The SGB Du-Al system comprises 2 types of aluminium beams, all specially computed to give optimum strength with minimum weight.
Each beam has been designed to perform a specific function and, by combining them, the most economic solution can be provided to cover every application.
Other systems, where only a single beam section is available, result in compromises which will often adversely affect both the materials and labour costs.
BOSS Aluminium System
The BOSS system incorporates a host of features which set a new standard in aluminium tower engineering for today, and the future. Over 30 new design modifications improve stability, safety, durability and versatility.
BOSS is the only new system designed to fully comply with EN 1004:2004, the stringent new pan European standard for mobile towers.
The BOSS system consists of four basic tower configurations which can be assembled separately or as a complete scaffold in order to provide a comprehensive access solution.
The unique BOSS design ensures maximum use of common components between different tower configurations. Stockholding can therefore be kept to a minimum.
BOSS can be supplied in “Stairway” or “Span” configurations in frame width of 0.85m & 1.45m and Platform lengths of 1.80m, 2.50m & 3.20m
The BOSS system fully complies with EN 1004 and has been tested and certified to BS EN 1004:2004.
BOSS combines new heights of performance with outstanding safety features, for example
- Patented claw for the most secure grip.
- Integral ladders for safe access.
- Ribbed tubing for non-slip grip.
- Integral inclined stairway option for frequent access uses.
- Windlock devices on the platforms prevent decks from lifting.
- Offset platform claws allow aligned continuos platform runs on linked structures.
- Static stabilizers and mobile outriggers provide increased stability for taller structures.
SGB Al – Dabal offers a wide range of steel scaffolding plank to be used with Cuplok or Tube & Fittings scaffolding system for various projects without any gaps on the deck. We offer the steel planks as follows:
- 1.8mm & 2mm thick steel
- Hot dipped galvanized or painted
- With or without hooks
- 38mm & 65mm deep x 240mm wide (to evenly fit on the Cuplok system scaffold)
- Slip resistance surface
- Fire Resistant – Ideal to use in petrochemical, Gas & Industrial Plants for welding jobs & near
- burning fire
- Corrosion resistant.
- Strong durable design
- Light weight
- Long life value for Money
SGB has developed a comprehensive range of supplementary products that combine with the main formwork systems to provide the most efficient and appropriate solution for any formwork problem or requirement.
SGB props are an economical and popular method of support in the building industry today. Ideally suited to all kinds of building construction and repair.
- Six sizes range from 1.04m to 6.10m.
- Completely adjustable for height.
- Extremely robust, easy to handle, compact to store.
- Quick and simple to erect.
- No loose parts, no tools necessary.
- Headplates suit modern formwork systems for slab construction.
- Sizes 0 to 4 conform fully to BS 4074 : 1966
SGB push pull prop
For use wherever an adjustable inclined strut is required, suitable for all building systems and for plumbing formwork.